Original Wood Finish
A superior blend of linseed oil & beeswax that is polymerized for multi-purpose applications on all interior woodwork. It provides excellent protection against water and liquids. Original Wood Finish is commonly used by woodworking professionals for application to bare wood or to revive an already-stained piece to achieve a lower-gloss, antique sheen while providing long-lasting durability.
Give it a good stir before you apply!
Original Wood Finish Application Instructions
For all INTERIOR woodworking
- Apply a very thin coat across entire piece with a lint-free cloth at room temperature. A color change from dry to wet should occur. DO NOT USE A BRUSH TO APPLY!
- Allow finish to penetrate the wood for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Rub in briskly with a lint-free cloth until the surface is completely dry. DO THIS BEFORE YOU LET THE PIECE CURE! Drying/curing issues will occur if this step is ignored!
- Allow the piece to cure for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Burnish with a soft cloth or 0000 steel wool BEFORE EVERY COAT (even the first and last.) The more you rub the better it will look.
- Additional coats will deepen the shine and increase protection. Do not attempt to apply more than three coats of the Original Wood Finish!
- Care & Maintenance: Use a soft shammy cloth to polish any dull areas.
- To repair any scratches, nicks, or water marks: Use 0000 grade steel wool to buff out as much of the affected area as possible. Then, use a lint-free cloth to apply a small amount of the Original Wood Finish to the damage wood. Follow the normal recommended application directions. For watermarks — if damage is severe, sand water mark away using fine grit sand paper until it is smooth and even with the surrounding surface. Reapply the Original Wood Finish to the water mark by following the normal recommended application directions. Remember to always protect the wood surface using coasters or anti-scalding devices.
Coverage rate: Up to 1000 square feet per gallon
Available in: Pint, quart and gallon quantities.
Contact us for wholesale inquiries.